Thursday, September 24, 2015

Conferences Analysis

I don't think conferences are entirely necessary. Personally, I think I am able to interpret what a professor might suggest through an email. Documents can be pretty useful now because there is the option to highlight a specific spot in the paper and write off to the side what is wrong with it. However, it is difficult to argue the benefit of actually having a face-to-face conversation. Sometimes, a professor might have to write a book to fully explain hat they were thinking, whereas, in face-to-face  communication it can usually be summed up in a few words.

I do appreciate comments on a paper. They are often about things that I did not even consider when composing a draft. Personally, I think the more comments the better. I realize, though, that there comes a point in time when professors need us to think for ourselves and they cannot just revise the whole thing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment